Friday, February 28, 2003

A Day In The Life

Woke up today at about 1:30pm or so and didn't get out of bed till about 2:00pm. I mainly sat on my mom's bed, laptop blasting out Queens of the Stone Age and me, with my trusty guitar, playing along to the kick ass tunes that filled the room.

It was about an hour after this that my mom asked if we wanted to go, of all things, a monster truck show, with Christopher, Nini and our respective fathers.

I was quite ambivialent on the subject. I really could care less about a bunch of hicks, hootin' and hollerin' about some whacked out red neck driving a equally whacked out truck. But, my brother wanted to go so I said 'fuck it'. We've never been to one before and I'm one for trying new things.

I feel dizy right now.

My mom, dad, Vince and myself eat some cheeseburgers at Texaco and my mom drops us off at Centenial Garden. I took my iPod with me when went to eat and when my mom droped us off, I had left my headphones in the car (more on that later).

Timmy and Tweety said they'd meet us there at 7:30pm, we got there fifeteen minutes earlier. Fortunatley for me, the local rock radio station, Krab, was there covering the event. Being early gave me time to lodge my complaints with their shitty playlists. The D.J. was in total agreement with me, but he said he 'has about as much control of the music as does the janitor'. Note to self never work in radio.

So, we get inside. Watch the truck jump and make noise. Watch some kids do some motocross and ATV stuff. Oh yeah, I was bored off my fuckin ass.

Cut to 12:30am. I go out to the car to get my Grado SR-60 headphones (THEE best headphones, EVER!) and my mom is like 'lookin' for your headphone' to which I say, yup.

Here's where it gets sad, aparently when I left on the floorboard of the car, the cord fell out of the car, thus causing the jack to scrape against the road for an undetermined ammount of time. She said the jack is pretty worn down, so it must've draged for a few miles atleast. My headphones are at my grandparents' house, I've gotta go and see if they still work tomorrow (or later since it's 5am right now).

Anyone wanna buy me some headphones?

Also, Lila and her cousin Tiffany called me and left a bunch of bizare messages on my voice mail. Tiffany is a weird chick.

But then, what woman isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment