Sunday, February 16, 2003

25th Anniversary of the BBS

Today marks the 25th anniversary of the BBS. God I miss them.

From 1996 to 1998 I ran a BBS called 'The Laugh House'. I was among the last of a dying breed in town.

It was just us, a bunch of die-hard computer users/nerds, trying to improve on something that was already far better than anything then we have ever experienced. At the time, to me anyway, there's was nothing greater then configuring ANSI files for my 'welcome screen'.

I, unfortunately, got into it when the BBS was on it's way out and the 'net was gaining in popularity more and more everyday. I would gladly give up access to the internet to go back to the days of the BBS. It just seemed so much more personal. Like a community. I considered everyone I met during those years a part of my family.

I really miss all those guys.

Happy 25th BBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment