Thursday, April 3, 2003

Turning On The Penguin

It's offical. As of midnight today (about an hour and a half ago) I will not use Windows in my house for the next month. All Linux, all the time.

I figured if I could make the switch from Windows to Mac, why not Windows to Linux? Most everything I want is available naitvely on Linux and everything else I could just emulate under Wine (which, in that popular GNU naming way, stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator. Get it?), Evolution to replace Outlook. I already ditched IE for Mozilla months ago.

I just have to pick up a couple good Linux books first. I've already got the Red Hat Bible but it's for Red Hat 7. I've got version 8 installed.

I just recently got so fed up with Microsoft and all there security patches. I mean when you have an operating system and you release three to five 'security patches' every month, what does that tell me?

Bad programing + Bad code = angry users.

No comments:

Post a Comment