Wednesday, April 2, 2003

Faux-Vinyl

Well, I'm sitting on my mom's couch, watching a South Park re-run. Surfing the web and listening to a SomaFM radio stream at 24kbps!

Yeah, that's right. I'm listening to a muddy, distorted feed. I could be listening to a decent almost cd-like 112kbps stream, but I choose not. I love the way it sounds. It sorta reminds me of a worn out vinyl, something thats been played over and over. You can tell where it's been played the most, the part of the album that made that connection with the listener that made their brain and ears go "It's all worth it for this".

I only listen to internet radio these days. I've given up completely on the non digital radio. It just makes me angry listening to it, the same god-awful songs over and over again. How many times can one radio station play the same damn song, over and over and over again. Who was it that said 'kill your radio'?

Which brings me to a quick note about MTV. The other night I mistakingly left it on, and I swear to god, they played the same four fuckin' video... ALL NIGHT!

Anyone tuning in to this great station would have a wide selection of, the new Linkin Park, 50 cent, the new Jay-Z song and that video where all those people are dancing in the basement and the old guy gets mad and kicks 'em out. That's all they played for SIX HOURS. SIX! Not two. Not three. SIX! From 1am to 7am that's all I heard (I was on the phone so I wasn't really into the television at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment