Friday, April 18, 2003

Real Tangy Reverb

Wow, what a week I've had. Let's take it back, way back, to last Saturday.

Saturday:

Gina and Michael come in town. They have plans to go bowling, but they fall through due the bowling alley being super fucking busy. So, instead they decide to see 'Rob Zombie's House of a 1,000 Corpses'. I'm still undecided on the movie, it was super-gory, therefore made it super-cool. But, the movie itself was pretty lame. One plus note about the movie, Sheri Moon. Rob Zombie's real life girlfriend, she's really cute. So she made the movie not as unbearable.

Sunday:

I call Nini to see what they're doing that day, he tells me they're eating at the 24th St. Cafe and afterwards are going to Montgomery World Plaza which is just and indoor swap meet. They pick me up and we fuck around in the swap for an hour then head out to the mall.

We walk around the mall for an hour or so and leave in the pouring rain. We go back to Debbie and Tweety's house, pick everyone up then arrive ten minutes late at Tokyo Gardens. I ate beef and sushi. Drank Japanese beer.

So, once again the idea of bowling comes up, but it doesn't go through. Instead, we goto Timmy and Gina's house and drink margaritas. Yay.

Monday:

The whole crew goes to Woolgrowers. A basque restaurant. I try beef tounge. It wasn't all that bad, like roast beef covered in vinegar. I didn't really care for the place that much, I'd rather a steak at Texaco.

So we're sitting at D and T's house, bored, when someone says "Do you have Trivial Pursuit?" No more the two minutes later Michael, Gina and I are off to Wal-Mart to get Trivial Pursuit. We play, and play, and play, and play. No one wins. No one can control themselves and people just shout answers whenever they feel like it and that pisses me off.

Tuesday:

Magic Mountain day! We're out of town by 12:00pm and in the park by 3:00pm (we stopped at this bizare truck stop/Burger King/Pizza Hut/Taco Bell thing).

Goliath rocked, what a fucking first dropped. Superman's line was too long. Gold Rush was a crack-up. Freefall is exilarating as always. Ninja was faster then I remembered.

I don't go on rides that go upside down. I have a very weak stomach and I usually throw up when I go on those rides, so I advised myself not to go on those rides. Michael, on the other hand, did things differently.

The first ride we went on was Goliath, as soon as he came off I could tell he was fucked up. So after that he skipped a lot of rides. He handled Ninja fine, and he was doing good, until he went on Scream. It killed him. I wont say what happened for his sake.

Wednesday:

Nothing happened till about 10:00pm when they decided to play Monopoly. And since I'm aparrently the only guy with Monopoly they call me over.

Gina cheats. Then Michael, Nini and I join forces. We cheat. We win.

I come home a check the status on the Powerbook... still hasn't left Indianapolis. What the hell? I go to sleep.

Thursday:

Gina and Michael leave. Gina calls while I'm sleeping, why I don't know. I feel bad about missing their call, but I get over it.

I check the status of the TiBook. It left Indianapolis. Yeah! I call FedEx just to make sure and they said it should be in by Friday (which was the next day).

Lots of waiting happens, eat at El Torito with my mom. Come home check the tracking the PB and it's in L.A. WooHoo! Which leads me to...

Friday/Today:

I wake up when the FedEx guy rings the bell at around 9:45am and I hear those glorious words "I have a package for Michael Lee."

I go back to sleep for a while. But I'm too excited, I hop in the shower, fix my bed.

Then unpacking begins. God, this thing is beautiful...

I get violent when a piece of dust hits the prestine screen. I wanna hit myself when I get a smudge on the case. It's perfect, not too heavy. Did I mention the screen kicks ass? The hinge moves like a well oiled machine. The fan kicked in sooner then I expected, but it's not as loud as everyone says it is. It's super thing and the titanium case makes it feel as if it should belong to Superman.

I haven't messed around with iDVD or anything like that yet. The only thing that I was dissapointed with was installation of the AirPort card. Much hard then the iBook. It requires removing the bottom shell of the computer. Only took about ten minutes as compared to the two minutes with the iBook.

Well, it's late and I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment