Thursday, April 24, 2003

Third DV cam in six months

The other day I was importing some footage from my Sony DCR-TRV17 when all of a sudden my firewire connection died out on me. I take it to Circuit City to have them service, but thank god for Dave.

Dave is our friend, he's nice. Instead of sending the camera out to service, he gives me a new one. Only thing is that my model camera is discontinued, so what does he do? He gives me a brand new model!

The new model is a DCR-TRV22. It's about 25% smaller then my old one (the body style is more like my first DV cam, the Canon ZR-20, I think.). It's nice, compact and super light.

The most interesting feature, however, is the touch screen based menu system. When I first picked up the camera at the store, I was looking for the menu button. Then I noticed there was a rectangular button on the screen. And it hit me, this is the touch based camera. It's a really cool feature to show off to your friends. But, it'll have it's downsides. A smudgy, scratched screen will most likely happen in the future. Hey, at-least they gave me a special cleaning cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment