Thursday, November 16, 2006

Saturdays in Maison part three

In part two, we had an up and down roller coaster ride of chips and we left off with me second in chips and library late fees hanging over my head. Find out what happens in part three

Saturdays in Maison part two
Saturdays in Maison part one

***

We come back from break and Bob sits down and looks at my stack and says “You're making quite the come back there, kid.”

I look up and smile at him and begin to arrange my chips in stacks of twenty.

I end up donking off about half of my stack in the few hands after the break and once again I'm quite short stacked. David cross and Faux-Conway both have about a thousand left in chips. I end up doubling up F.C. During one hand when he flopped a straight. I managed to knock him out three hands later my A9 beat his J-10. I also knocked out David Cross when he threw in his last orange chip with Q-7 and my K-10 won. During this time I had also managed to knock out Toby, that's three people I've knocked out today. I've totally made my money back already, that includes buy-in, re-buy and add-on. Sweet!

Cards are dealt, hands are folded, decisions are made and slowly people start dropping off one by one. Eventually there are only five tables left, then four tables. "I might have a shot at making the money" I think to my self, there's only three tables left and if I can't just play super tight and not do anything stupid I can quietly slip by in to the money. This would be a first in the history of me.

Alex tells us to pick up our chips and take them down in to the pit to the final two tables, there's still twenty players left, I'm two shy of cashing in. Alex points me to table L, seat 2. I'm seated between Midge and the guy who just lost a massive pot against Jason at table A.

“Just fold every hand, we only have two players left,” I say to the guy on my left.

“Yeah, forty bucks is good enough for me,” he says as we continue to fold our hands.

We go on a five minute break and I pull out my cell phone and call home.

“Hello?” Lila answers.

“Hey, hunny we're down to eighteen players, but I don't have too many chips left, I should be home soon.”

“Good, just take your time and do good!”

“Ok, I will,” the tone in her voice gives me motivation. “Are you hungry?”

“Not really.” Midge, the woman next to me replies. I turn my head and point to my phone to indicate I'm talking to my wife, not you rich lady who is a point leader.

Midge laughs and starts talking to the dealer.

“What? No, not really,” Lila replies. “I Love you.”

“I love you too,” and I push end on my cell phone

Play resumes after Doug comments on how long this five minute break is.

“Ten minutes,” Sue answers. We all chuckle.

“Eighteen players left,” Sue yells. “You've all made the money!”

We all give each other celebratory high-fives as the guy to my left throws in his single chip and leaves the table to collect his forty dollars. Alex pulls up a chair and colors up all my orange chips and tells me to move over to table K. I look down and see 49o a hand that has followed me quite a bit during my poker career. I immediately throw away that garbage and pick up my chips and move to table K.

I'm seated with Mr. Coors, Mr. Ankle Bracelet, an old guy who looks like he was born in a card room and another old guy who is perhaps one of the nicest older poker players I've played with. I decide if I wanna make the final table I need to keep my chips in front of me and not in a pot, but with blinds at 6,000 and 12,000 and with a stack of only 27,000, it was very hard to keep said chips from flying away. I go all in holding Ace-Jack suited and catch a jack and manage to double up from Mr. Coors Light. On the big blind, I manage to steal the small blind with a raise and I sit back and let Mr. Coors and Mr. Ankle Bracelet fight it out.

“We need someone to sacrifice!” Mr. Coors slurs. He looks down at his cards and looks at his beer, he looks at the dealer and throws his head back and finish what ever was left in the brown Coors Light bottle “It'll probably be me,” he says.

He was right, he goes home in tenth as the sacrifice.

Oh my god! I made I final table! This is crazy, I've never, ever managed a feat like this ever! Yeah, I've won a ton of sit-n-go's online, but I've never cashed in a real live tournament. This is great I'm on top of the world.

What ever is left of table K moves over to table L and we draw cards for seat position, I pull a deuce and I'm sitting next to Midge. Again. She looks at me and laughs and before the dealer starts dealing Doug proposes a chop. After doing the calculations, it turns out that every one will walk away with $410 if we chop.

“Does everyone agree to a chop,” Alex asks.

We all throw up are hands like we're children dying to answer a question in grade school.

“Then it's official, it's chopped and play from now on is for points only.”

Manuelle comes from behind and asks “How much is dee chop?” in his Desi Arnez like accent.

“four-ten apiece,” I reply.

“Oh ok,” he says as he does a double take. “You're still in?”

“Of course,” I say with a slight bit of cockiness.

We begin play and every one is raising with complete thrash hands just so they can get rid of their chips. Why keep playing? They've got the money, time to go home. Midge, RedNeckPokerPro, MuttonChops, Mr. Ankle Bracelet and myself are the only people left, we play about thirty hands, half seriously strictly for the points. I get in the big blind and I'm forced all in with J-7o, Mr. Ankle Bracelet and MuttonChops however, get in a raising war due to Mr. A.B. having to be home before 7PM and he's not even suppose to be there because it's a violation of his parole.

The flop is 7-3-8 rainbow, “I made my straight,” Mr. A.B. shouts, I don't believe him and neither does Midge or MuttonChops. After the smoke clears from there war A.B. flips over 24o and MuttonChop flips over 79o, my J-7 takes the entire pot and A.B. just gets up and leaves.

Twenty minutes later, Midge and I get in a raising war. When I make my straight on the turn and push in all my remaining chips she flips over her flush and I go home in fourth place, $430 richer, including my bountys. Go me!

In case you wondering, I never did make it to the library that day. I ended up with $30 in late fees, but man was it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment