Monday, November 6, 2006

Persuance

I lay stretched out on the living room couch, my legs dangle over the arm of the tan micro-fiber sectional, the old couch is starting to show its age. The cushions sink and sag in key areas where my body has found the comfortable spots. My bottle of beer sits on the table, slowly loosing the ice cold chill it had when it made its home in the back of the refrigerator.

I push the channel button on my remote with great force as I desperately look for something other then some goddamn reality show or some political bull-shit that I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing.

'Maybe I should read a book,' I think to myself. Anything beats the crap on T.V.

I decide against getting up the couch and continue to lay on the couch and let my body sink further and further in to a relaxed state, a physical condition that has been brought upon me by vacuuming followed by a beer. My eyes are growing heavier as my body slips away.

I massage my eyeballs with the palm of my hands trying to fight off the headache I feel coming on.

I stop typing, click save and close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment