Saturday, November 4, 2006

In the park…

Sitting on my couch, watching the traffic go by. I pick up my Late Night with Conan O'Brien mug and slowly sip some of the now cold coffee, the froth that my new Senseo produces is still stuck on the inner walls of the blue ceramic mug. The day feels as if it should go by quickly, with the hustle and bustle that a Monday brings, but today is Saturday.

Saturday, in the last few years, has evolved from the lazy stay at home, catch up on TV and read a book day, to the bastard love child of Friday and Sunday. The stores stay open latter than its Sunday sister, but not quite as late as its Friday brother. The city's traffic is still congested, but not enough to make one get out of their car and start screaming.

The gardener across the street trims bushes and blows dust in to the air using a giant gas powered hair dryer strapped to his back. I take another sip of my ice coffee. I ponder what dinner will bring, will it be blah or something worth the money. Lately it seems that most food has been blah, nothing has had the kick that I so need to make it worth spending the money.

More cars go by, as more time slips away. My plan for the day is to get up and shower, go out and eat, come home and read. In between time planning, plotting and scheming. Making things up as we go along. These are the things that get accomplished on a Saturday like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment