Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wire Hanger > Monster Cable

This is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen in a long time:

"...it looks like a group of 12 self-professed "audiophiles" recently
couldn't tell the difference between Monster 1000 speaker cables and
plain old coat hangers. Yeah, coat hangers. The group was A-Bing
different cables, and unbeknownst to them, the engineer running the
test swapped out a set of cables for coat hangers with soldered-on
speaker connections. Not a single one was then able to tell the
difference between the Monster Cable and the hangers, and all agreed
that the hangers sounded excellent."

This is something I've been preaching about since I've first seen Monster cables, anything that overpriced can't possibly be any good. For my stereo I use the cheapest wire I can find at Home Depot, $29 for 500 feet of wire is quite a deal to me.

via Engadget [read]

No comments:

Post a Comment