Friday, March 7, 2008

$400 Vacuum?!

You know, the thing about a $400 vacuum cleaner is that you treat it like $4,000 vacuum. I often find myself spending just as much time keeping it clean as I do on the rug.

I guess it's just in my blood to be a super clean freak, and the rug is the thing that irritates me the most. It's white -- well, used to be white -- it's now a slight shade of dingy white. This town I live in, plus this street, plus high traffic areas result in the areas seen are, in my mind, horribly grey, whereas areas under the couch etc. are brilliant white, almost to the point of hurting my eyes.

Lila did make a good point the other day, however. She said "For a three year old white rug, it's held up pretty good." I agree, but my slight OCD's make it seem worse then it is. That's why I'm often with a bottle of alcohol and a towel. (Quick tip! Don't bother with those fancy carpet stain removers, a bottle of Isopropyl alcohol and a white towel works just as well. You just have to put a little bit of elbow grease in to it.)

I got a new graphics card today, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, so far so good. It's definitely faster the the old GeForce 7800. That thing was garbage. Motion finally runs on my system now. Yay!

Wow, very random off the wall post.

No comments:

Post a Comment