Thursday, March 20, 2003

Memories

It's about 5:10 in the am right now, and I'm dubbing old VHS tapes to MiniDV.

My god, there are just so many memories here, of simpler times, better times. Right now I'm working on a tape of my sister in-laws 1st birthday, she's so cute. It's really funny to see how everyone looked back in the day.

For her birthday, we took her to Chuck E. Cheese and it's funny to see my mom pregnant with Vince, my dad playing Galaga and complaining the button doesn't work and how he lost $75 in quaters on it. Seeing Luigi playing Skee-Ball and winning 19 tickets and trading them in for an eraser. Good times.

Now you're probably wondering, what do you mean better times? Fuck yeah they were better! I mean things were just so much better back then, what possible worries could a 4-year old child? None. Looking back, it just seemed so much more loving, and nothing could hurt me as long as my mom or dad were around.

My sense of adulthood beckons me to go on my own and claim my independence, yet, for every fiber in my body that wants to be a free-spirted young independent, there are two wanting to go back and light the candles twice on my fourth birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment