Sunday, March 9, 2003

Adventures in the City of Angels

So last Saturday I went to Los Angeles 'cuz my brother needed a suit.

I'm up by 10:30am and we're on the freeway by 11:20am. About 20 miles before we get to the McBean Parkway exit, which is right by Magic Mountain, there's a sign saying "All lanes closed at McBean Parkway". Oh shit I think to myself as I zone out to the tunes coming out of my headphones. It turns out that a car from the northbound lane hit the divider and flipped up towards the southbound and landed on the metal divider rail. It took us an hour and a half for something that usually takes twenty minutes.

We get to the fashion district and we walk into a store called Nino Ferretti. The rather small salesman found a suit for my bro and then he convices my gramps to get a suit, so he got one as well.

Then the 'leather man' takes me up to the tuxedo room, and shows me a tuxedo and it fits perfectly, 'cept the waist needs to be taken in a bit on the jacket. No biggie'

While I'm up in the room, I'm totally unaware of the fact that a guy comes running into the store screaming "Gimmie a quater, gimmie a quater I need something I know you got it!" right too my mom, no more than a mere three inches from her face. The owner forcefully removed him from the store, and everything was honky-dory. LA's crazy, man.

It's around this time that I found out we're gonna eat Taylor's Steak house, not my favorite place to eat. We get there and I just want to commit suicide for several reasons:

1. I've eaten there before and I didn't like it
2. I was extremely hungry at the time
3. I had a splitting headache
4. I desperatley wanted to go to the Apple Store

The waitress brings my salad, and I was shocked because it was real fuckin' good. Certainly kicked my ass. Then the Pan fried steak came, and it was unreal I was shocked at how good it tasted, I mean real good. Although I thought $16 dollars for what basically was a chicken fried steak seemed silly and pricy, to me anyway. But, I don't think I'll have any qualms about eating there again.

Then there was the waitor. He was just a guy walking around and my grandmother asked him for some napkins, he came back and dropped of the napkins and we all told him thank you and he said your welcome. And just stood there. Looked around at us and asked "Can I get you anything else", no were fine was answer that was given to him by all of us. And he just stood there, looking and repeating what he had just said earlier. We all looked around at each other, thinking to ourselves 'what's this guy doing'. Then my mom said "Maybe some more napkins" he suddenly became extremely excited and got more napkins. It was at this time that I told everyone that I thought he had wanted a tip for bringing napkins. He comes back and starts up a major conversation, turns out he's just bored and wanted to talk. I really liked him, super nice guy.

We pay the check and ask the waitor where The Grove is and he gives us directions (to which I had touble paying attention to). We get there and everyone but me is confused by the parking structure. We find a parking spot, get on the elevator and I find it. The holy land. The Apple Store. Every Mac that's currently available was there, including the new 12" and 17" PowerBooks, sheer beauty. The store was much busier then what I thought it would be, but I was in heaven. The genius bar was just too cool. I really want a 15" PowerBook. Bad

Lila, if your reading this, wanna buy me one?

Came home, stopped at McDonalds. Talked to Mitch, then went to dream land.

The entire trip, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I hate living in Bakersfield, and how boring it is here. I wanted to move into an apartment there and live in LA LA land, the most fuckin' phony, super-ficial place on earth. Then I realized how stupid that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment