Tuesday, November 9, 2004

mame cab — new toys!

So I got some new toys for my mame cab. First, I bought myself the SlikStik Tornado Spinner. What an amazing toy, it really does spin for minutes, but I do have an interesting story to tell about it. But, that's for tomorrow.

I also switched out the joysticks from the Ultimarc T-Stik Plus, to the pretty much arcade standard Happ Competition Joystick. The difference is beyond words, the way the joystick moves is something I'm much more use to then the Ultimarc. I grew up playing Mortal Kombat and the Competition (although a modified version with a heavier spring) was used in the MK cab.


"L to R: The Happ Competition, Ultimarc T-Stik Plus"

The only thing I regret about getting rid of the T-Stik is the 4 way mode. Pac-Man is absolute garbage on an 8 way. It's impossible. So, that's why I ordered a Wico 4 way off of ebay. Should be here soon and I can't wait to install it.

One thing I don't miss about the T-Stik is its extremely short throw and super loud clicking.


Click image to start the video!

Notice how the Player 2 joystick doesn't hardly tilt at all, when I push on it that's all it goes. It makes a very odd feeling as if the joystick is stuck.

Also, if you look really closely in the background, I've got Ken in 'THEE HANDCUFFS'. Ninja what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment