Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Want to Beat the Heat

"Another day, another dollar." If you live in Bakersfield it might as well be, "Another day, another hundred-dollars added to the electricity bill."

It's the oppressive heat that's been having me in a funk, lately. Almost near a point of depression. I wake-up in the morning and I immediately want to go back to bed and not have to deal with heat. How I long and beg for the cold, wet winter months to roll through town again.

I miss sitting in a slightly cold house. Watching the fog roll across the front porch, leaving the ground damp and soggy. I miss the smell of clean air. I miss not having to take another shower forty-five minutes after taking the first.

Such is life. 

So, today was an uneventful Saturday. Ate In-N-Out. I actually tasted the spread for the first time in my life. Let me tell you, I wasn't very impressed. I don't see why people freak-out for the spread. I didn't hate it, but I think mustard is far superior.

After burgers, we walked around the mall for about an hour and came home. Kaitlin has had a cough for the last couple days. I'm hoping it doesn't develop in to whooping cough, and though I highly doubt it, I suppose it's still a possibility.

This is the first time I've done a nothing-in-particular type blog post in forever. I really got back in to the swing of this. Trying to make an epic story out of things has lead to a rather lonely looking and out-of-date blog.

"Blogging for the sake of blogging"

That's my new motto. And I intend to stick to it, at least until the morning, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment