Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's the little things.

A few minutes ago, I was sitting on my couch enjoying a wonderful episode of Blue's Clues -- My life has become a non-stop stream of Blue's Clues, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Yo Gabba Gabba and The Backyardigans. -- when my 14-month old daughter came up to me and tried to close the lid on my laptop.

This is something she does, quite frequently and it's cute and annoying at the same time. I don't mind it very much, half the time she closes and lays her head down on it like she sleeping and then proceeds to crack up. I do mind however when she tries to touch and bang on the screen like there's invisible mosquitoes that only she can see. The smudges drive me crazy and the idea of crack puts me in stage 4 panic attack. My solution for today was to put the MacBook Pro on my head.

Yes. On my head. Like a tribal woman carrying fruit back to her hut.

Her response was fantastic. She looked at me smiled and turned around. Cute and effective.

The thing is I sense a huge amount of pity in her smile. Almost as if she was saying "That's a good daddy, I'm gonna go to intelligent people now."

No comments:

Post a Comment