Sunday, December 31, 2006

In closing…

As the seconds tick away and hours slowly fade into what was 2006, I feel it's time to post the last post of the year as we welcome the new.

I'll try to sum up the events of the year in a few short paragraphs.

Played poker, Tried to get my writing back on track, got inspired by a picture, recorded a podcast, found out we were pregnant, tried to save the onlines, fell in love with myself, heard our daughter's heart beat for the first time, while working on another project I decided it was time to rewrite one of my favorite stories.

I tried to better my life, I had an epiphany at Rite-Aid while staring at adult diapers, I had an interesting experience just observing the people at Borders, Lila turned 21 and Jag and Steffany ate Denny's with us at 5am.

I won a sit-n-go while under the influence of Sudafed.

I came in 4th in my first live Hold 'em tournament. I also made fifth a few weeks later in the bigger buy-in tournament.

We listened to Radiohead and and changed diapers.

All in all, it was a good year. I plan to celebrate by staying in and watching the countdown with our gift, our daughter, our pride and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment