Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Avon

I streched out on the couch, I listened to the cars go by as the sun slowly went down behind the large building that sits across the street from my house. The small lamp that I had turned on earlier, the light which previously only seemed as bright as a match held up to the sun, had begun to fill the house with its warm glow.

The cool breeze from the ceiling fan had made its way over to the couch and floated over my face, making me sink deeper in to the couch, sending me deeper in to a relaxed state.

My cell phone starts dancing on the coffee table next to me, then the Airman from Megaman 2 starts playing. It's Lila.

"Hey hunny!" I say with the excitement of a four-year old on Christmas morning.

"I'll be home in a lil bit. Do you want something back from the fair?" She asks.

"Yeah, fried rice. Oh, and a baked potato!" I said.

"I miss you." she said. "I miss you, too." I replied back to her.

I got up to walk around the house, the house is lifeless. Still. The only noise in the house is the white noise spewing from the tv. I walked in the hallway and looked to my left in to the bathroom. The glow of the moon had bathed the entire room in a pale blue glow. The moonbeams shining in from the window made me stop and enjoy the surreal moment the moonlight had put in my bathroom.

The couch seems a little empty, a little lonely. I hear the train in the distance blow its horn and puts me back to when I was five-years old. The same train I would hear when I lived on 18th st. I still hear today. The same train the used to put me to sleep, still puts me in a dream like state when I hear the whistle blow from eight blocks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment