Sunday, July 11, 2004

New face and an old story

Well, I spent the weekend redesigning the website. I seen Paul's blog and I really liked the color scheme, and I got jealous. I always wanted a black website.

In fact, the original design was entirely dictated by the old logo. I thought of the name 'manshorts', where all the best ideas come from, in the bathroom. The name was something so odd, that I made myself laugh. It was a short name that really stuck with me.

A few hours later, the domain name was mine.

I originally wanted the logo to be a picture of either me or some man in his boxers with a spider web representing the 'net'. But, after some debate, I decided I didn't want a half naked man looking at me, mocking me with his sculpted physique. On the other hand, I did NOT want to see my pudgy, hot dog and cheeseburger, super-size fry gut all the time, either.

So, I decided that I would use a pictogram style logo. Something using images to convey the name. The (semi)famous blue polka-dot boxers that caused the whole color cahsnafle (Yeah, I just made up a word) in the first place. The white dots in the boxers made every thing but white, look terrible. So, the white page was born. And it stuck for a little over a year.

But, things change, websites change. People change and grow, I think I've matured quite a bit over the last year, as a blogger, as a person, as a husband, as a friend. I've matured, I think, in a way that I've become more of an adult, yet remaining a giant dumb-ass. I think I'm the most responsible person I know. But at the same time, I have no problem watching cartoon and buying toys.

And when I say toys, I mean action figure toys. Not like adult toys, like cars and tools and shit, I mean Transformers.

No comments:

Post a Comment