Sunday, September 14, 2003

What’s Going On?

It's been a while since I've posted and I figured I should do it.

Well, last week I visted the in-laws.

We took a bus to L.A.X. at 11am and got there at around 1pm. I was asleep half the time so I can't comment on wether or not the bus ride was smooth or bumpy or if we should have feared for our lives.

We get to their house around 1:45pm.

Quick side note, everyone in Los Angeles is good looking.

We sit around the house for a while, mother and daughter catching up on old times. Really nice.

After a few hours of shooting the breeze, we're starving. After some debate where to eat at (it was between Bob's Big Boy, some chinese restaurant, Tommy's or Capitol.)

So, seeing as how Lila hates the Tommy's here in town, wants original LA style Tommy's. So we drive out to Tommy's on Rampart, passing by my beloved Bob's Big Boy, and we scarf down some of the best fried patties I've ever eaten.

Not wanting to make chili farts in a museum, we fart at home for a while then hit The Los Angeles County Museum of Arts.

The paintings I seen were absolutley breathtaking, van Gogh, Monet, Picasso. My favorite french painters in one place, super!

On display, was a picture by french painter whose name I cannot remember. Two of his paintings were on display, one was called 'The Swoon' and another was called, 'Artist and her Assistant', I think. I can't remember the name. But, the painting was amazing. The actual subjects themselves were not very detailed, but the backgrounds, stunning. Photo-realistic. It boggled my mind how someone could make something look so real with just oil and canvas.

We went upstairs were we seen paintings from the Holy Roman Crusades, Celtic braclets from 800 B.C. and a mummy. The mummy was pretty cool.

Next on our schedule was a trip to the Farmer's Market/Grove. We chowed down on Pizza and Fish and met up with Mike Nenes, Big Tiff, Nino Dukes and Robert Canadian. Hung out in the Apple Store for a while. Sadly, they were closing so we didn't get to stay in there very long.

G5's are beautiful!

After about an hour, we left picked up Lila's clothes, stoped at In-N-Out and knocked out.

Looking back, it seem that alot of planning went in to doing such simple things. I guess things just work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment