Sunday, June 1, 2003

Radiohead and Ghosts.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely adore Radiohead. They deserved every bit of critical praise they got for OK Computer.

I'm listening to it now and I forgot how amazing it is. I bought the album when it came out and listened to it once or twice and forgot about it. When I got my iPod, and was converting all my cd's to mp3's, I re-discovered Radiohead. Listening to these songs takes me back in time.

Paranoid Android reminds me of cracking up with Mitch while watching the video. Karma Police reminds me of the time we all went to Bridgette's house the day after Halloween, sitting in somebodys car with Mutsy and Michael Jp's, drinking vodka straight out of the bottle getting drunk and talking about music, girls and life.

Oh and we saw a ghost that night too. Mutsy, Michael and I were coming back from the gas station down the street from Bridgette's house. As we were walking back, it was dark and we were semi-drunk, but, there standing in front of the drivers side window was a tall black shadowy figure. We all stoped at the same time, frozen like deer caught in headlights. And said to eachother "Did you see that?!" We were so petrified that we didn't know if we should run away, run back to the house or stay still.

We ran.

Like scared woman, I don't think we ever ran so fast in our lives. We ran into the kitchen and stood there, looking at each other, knowing that the three of us had seen something other-worldly. We stood there for about three minutes, panting and shaking. Until I started laughing. That broke the tension and we started talking about what we had just witnessed.

We had all seen the same tall, dark shadowy figure in front of the car. The best way to describe it would be the fisherman from "I Know What You Did Last Summer" trying to jimmy the lock of the car. The thing that made it so bizare was that we saw it, looked at each other, showing it self to us just long enough to make us think there something else out there in this world, then it was gone.

Poof.

No comments:

Post a Comment