Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Humdrums and Boredoms

So we've been in the new house for a little over two weeks and things are a lot duller that I expected it to be. I suppose it could be due the baby catching a cold a few days after everything got unpacked. Lila and I left the baby with my mother for a few days while we unpacked and tried to get things settled in this new and strange land.

But upon her return she caught a very slight ear infection, we don't really know if it's the carpet or the change of weather, but I too was suffering from mild allergy symptoms.

I hate having allergies, it's like being sick without the benefit of getting to stay in bed and do nothing, yeah your nose is filled with a billion plus pounds of runny-slimy-nasal junk and your throat feels as if a cat and a cactus were playing tennis in it, but you don't have the body aches or the tiredness.

The baby and I have been taking a steady dose of Claritin (for me), Children's Zyrtec (for her) and Bubblegum flavored amoxicilin (for me, though I wouldn't mind a little) and so far we've made quite the progress, I no longer wake up stuffy/runny/itchy/dry. Kaitlin still runs around saying "Buhger, buhger!" and "Bye, buhger!" upon removal.

The highlight of the day was I volunteered at Bike Bakersfield, a local non-profit dedicated to getting more bicycles on the street. That was kind of fun. I met such a kooky cast of characthers.

There was Dave the mechanic, who broke his ribs fighting with some Marines last night. His bottle of aspirin consisted of either Gin or Moonshine, judging by his missing teeth, I gather it was moonshine.

There was the random guy who needed a "Cheap, free." tire. He was a funny guy, he lives in a men's home.

There was another guy who was your typical brain fried from too much LSD guy, he was super nice.

And the short Hispanic guy who wanted to mate with every female he saw with in a ten mile radius.

So, after a long day of doing non-profit stuff, I'm sitting here after taking little cat nap on the couch, in my new office, with a big plate of Rice-A-Roni in front of me. The baby is sleeping, so it's time for me to enjoy the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment