Thursday, August 10, 2006

Revelation at Rite-Aid

A major revelation hit me as I sat in the massage chair next to the pharmacist's counter in Rite-Aid. I sat there, enjoying the plastic faux-fingers kneeding my aching back, as I let out soft moans of joy, I opened my eyes and I was hit in the face with an epiphany;

'What if I crap my pants?!'

Ok, maybe I should explain myself a little better before I go on. Directly accross from me, was a huge end cap of adult diapers. I sat in that chair, staring at the large pack of Depends and the idea hit me in the face, it's totally plausible that I could one day lose all control of my bowels and bladder and just let 'er go.

The point I'm getting to is that nothing is pre-determined, nothing can go the way we want it to just because we say so. I cannot wish myself to not crap my pants or get hit by a car or start losing my mind just because I don't feel like it.

I suppose you could say I was hit in the face by my own mortality, by a bunch of adult diapers no less. But it really got to me, it made me think that I'm not the invincible sixteen year old I once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment