Thursday, December 2, 2004

Mike’s Holiday Wishlist

I said I'd do it and here it is, thee official Super-Awesome-Totally-Rad-manshortsdotnet-Holiday-Gift-Guide!!!11!!1oneone! . I'm going to start off with MY holiday wish list, these are things that I would like find hidden under the tree or stuffed in the stocking on Christmas morn.


The Fender Twin Reverb is one of the best sounding amps I've ever played, this thing has amazingly clear clean tone. The only draw back is theres NO DISTORTION at all. But, throw in a a distortion pedal (or the next gift on the list) and your ready to go, ninja!


I've previously owned a Boss ME-50, and while it did get the job done, it did sound a bit digital and fake. The GT-6 on the other hand has (supposedly) more authentic tone, less digital and more analog, it's supposed to suck less tone as well. BTW, my buddy, Mesa-Mitch owns a POD xt Live and he loves it.


Well, Half-Life 2 is out and it kicks major ass. And since HL2 favors ATI based GPU's over NVIDIA's, I NEED this card. Well, I don't REALLY need it, seeing as how I'm running HL2 on my 9800 Pro at 1600x1200 and 2xAA and I'm getting a pretty steady 60 - 50 fps. But, if I was rich and had nothing better to do with my money, I'd make my wife buy me this for Christmas.


I'd like some new guitar pickups for my '62 Jag. The pups in it now are a bit twangy and a little to bright, so I was thinking about putting the Seymour Duncan JB JR. as I would hate to route out the body of my Jag.


It's a sling shot, you can shoot marbles up to 225 yards (That's 2 1/4 football fields!). Not much more to say about it. I actually had one when I was about thirteen but I lost it :(


This is what I call, 'the Aunt and Uncle' gift. This is what you get from your aunt and uncle, nothing real expensive but something that would be put to good use.


The new hot portable on the market is the new Nintendo DS. Two screens and Mario 64 and a programmable GBA cart and you've got a happy geek!


I'll take this in any denomination, tens, twenties or even the fake looking new fifties. I'll take 'em all.


It's not that kind of scanner, it's a radio scanner, you can listen in on cordless phones, mall security, the police, you name it. I've actually had two of these, one when I was 9 and another one when I was 12. Why? I don't know.


This is it, the big daddy of all Macs. Again, if I was a billionaire (being a millionaire wont cover it), I would buy this. The price is with matching 23" monitor and a Radeon 9800 Pro. I love Macs, and I'm kind of a Mac bigot, so I actually can see myself spending this much money on a computer, as if I would laugh whole hardily at someone wasting that much on a PC. And if I were Steve Jobs, I would laugh at me for spending so much money on a computer.


The Leatherman has always been the American version of the Swiss Army knife, however the Leatherman, I think, has more useful tools in it then its Swiss counterpart. There have been so many times in my life when I could have used a tool in a Leatherman. I'll say maybe over five times in my life. But this year, things are going to change, for I hope, that when I wak up on the morning of December 25th, I will find stuffed deep down in my stocking hanging from the mantle, the new Leatherman Charge Ti.

Features include:

  • Titanium Handles

  • Needlenose Pliers

  • Wire Cutters

  • 154 CM Clip-Point Knife

  • Scissors

  • A butt-load of screwdrivers
  • theres a lot more to list and I'm lazy, so click here to go the official site.

    Well, that's my holiday wishlist, I'm not going to get everything on the list. But as long as I get that damn slingshot I'll be happy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment