Saturday, August 7, 2004

Doom 3

Wow... oh shit. ca-ca. Doo-doo. Doom 3 is the bomb.

It really is a great game. You don't need a $5,000 computer to play it either. I'm running it on an Athlon XP 2000+ with 768 MB of ram and a GeForce ti 4600, and I'm getting some pretty decent playable frame rates.

During running and one monster fight I get around 25-30fps. Decent. When there's more then one monster on screen (I'm talking like 4-5) the frame rate drops, big time. I'm talking single digits here. 8-15 fps. Not bad, but not great.

Doom 3 is a game that makes you want to upgrade your system. I'm planning on getting a 3200+ with 333mhz FSB. And, maybe a new graphics card. Not sure though which one.

Any way, I took some screenshots of the game to show how good it looks at my resolution on medium quality.

**WARNING**
Possible spoilers contained within. And also, these pictures are HUGE! I'm talking around 2 megs each. If you are on dial-up don't even bother.

Doom 3 Photo Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment